Dear Team,
I am planning to pursue one of the AI programmes mentioned below through the IITM Pravartak programme, and I would greatly appreciate your guidance in selecting the programme that would be most appropriate for my professional background and career objectives.
I have around 25 years of experience in the IT industry, with the majority of my experience in Software Architecture, Solution Architecture, and Enterprise Architecture. My experience spans designing and leading large-scale enterprise systems and transformation initiatives across areas such as banking, telecom, and other enterprise domains.
My current objective is to build strong expertise in Generative AI, Agentic AI, and AI-enabled Enterprise Architecture, so that I can effectively incorporate AI into enterprise architecture, application modernization, integration, software engineering, and transformation initiatives.
I am particularly interested in understanding AI from an architecture and production perspective, including:
- Generative AI and LLM architecture
- RAG and enterprise knowledge architectures
- Agentic AI and multi-agent architectures
- AI application and workflow integration
- MCP and enterprise system integration
- AI/LLM application lifecycle and LLMOps
- AI observability, evaluation and reliability
- AI security, governance and responsible AI
- Deployment and operationalization of AI solutions
- Designing AI-enabled enterprise architectures and transformation roadmaps
I have been evaluating the following programmes:
- Professional Certificate Course in Generative AI and Agentic AI
- Professional Certificate in Generative AI, Machine Learning, and Intelligent Control Systems
- Advanced Certificate Programme in Agentic AI and RAG Engineering
My primary concern is selecting a programme that complements my existing architecture experience. Since I already have extensive experience in software engineering, solution architecture, and enterprise architecture, I would ideally like a programme that provides sufficient AI fundamentals while progressing deeply into AI architecture, Agentic AI, RAG, production engineering, evaluation, observability, security and enterprise adoption.
I would therefore be grateful if you could advise me on:
- Which of these programmes would be the most appropriate for my background and career objective?
- Whether I should choose a programme with broader AI/ML foundations or one with deeper GenAI/Agentic AI and RAG engineering.
- Whether the programme would provide sufficient depth for someone targeting AI-enabled Solution Architect / Enterprise Architect roles, rather than primarily an AI developer or data scientist role.
- Which programme would give me the best balance between conceptual understanding, hands-on implementation, and enterprise architecture?
- If there is a particular programme you would recommend as a natural progression for an experienced architect transitioning into AI Architecture.
I am prepared to invest the necessary time and effort, including hands-on programming and project work, and my intention is to apply the learning to real-world enterprise architecture and transformation scenarios.
Your guidance would be extremely valuable to me before I make the final decision.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to your advice.
Warm regards,
Sathiyanarayana Nagaraj